The Pickaway Agriculture and Event center seeks to raise $10 million to accomplish the following improvements:
The Pickaway Agriculture and Event Center is transforming the fairgrounds site into a year-round venue for conferences, events and concerts as well as the Pickaway County Fair.
Phase I (2017 – 2019) of the project will feature:
- 20,000 sq foot Multipurpose Arena with 4,200 sq foot Office / Meeting / Concession space,
- 37,800 sq foot Show Pavilion,
- 1,000 seat Outdoor Amphitheater,
- 11,200 sq foot Cattle Barn,
- 13,920 sq foot Hog Barn,
- 21,016 sq foot Horse Barn,
- 10,240 sq foot Sheep / Goat Barn,
- 7,200 sq foot Small Animal Barn,
- Restructured parking lots with dedicated spaces
- Picnic areas and surfaced walkways.
Phase II of the project (2019 and beyond) will feature the Event Center, a new 300 space parking lot and entrance off Nicholas Drive. This Event Center will allow for multiple types of events with seating of 250 on the ground level and 300 on the second floor. The Event Center will fully serve the entire community for conferences, concerts, celebrations and special events to the level that demonstrates the strength and vitality of Pickaway County.
To reach the $10 million goal we need the support of the people and businesses of Pickaway County. The Pickaway Agriculture and Event Center requests the community match the public support already committed of $5,000,000. A campaign goal of $5 million has been established and the Leadership Team is reaching out for support to build these transformational facilities. The Pickaway County Community Foundation is working in partnership with the project to provide financial oversight and house the Pickaway Agriculture and Event Center Fund. Gifts made to this project are fully tax deductible.